My father was assassinated in my presence at age 2 -Teni

Breaking Posts

6/trending/recent

Hot Widget

Type Here to Get Search Results !

My father was assassinated in my presence at age 2 -Teni



 Teniola Apata MON, better known as Teni Makaniki, is a well-known singer in Nigeria. Teni has admitted that the trauma of seeing her father's murder when she was two years old has had an impact on her life.


Simeon Apata, a retired brigadier-general in the Nigerian army, was murdered by assailants on January 8, 1995, in Lagos.


"My father was a disciplinarian" Teni revealed in a recent interview with Temisan Emmanuel Ahwieh, alias Taymesan, on the Tea With Tay podcast. She also said "He was a soldier and he owned a school; Apata Memorial High School. He was also a big philanthropist. Growing up with my father passing at such a young age, the trauma of losing my father at a young age affected me. You know, him being assassinated in the presence of all of us and all that stuff. I was 2 at the time.”


According to Teni, losing her father caused her to lack a father figure and develop trust issues.

“Him passing away robbed me as a child of having a father figure. It sort of made me have trust issues growing up. Because they came into our house purposely to kill him,” she said.

Teni declared that despite the pain, her father would always be her hero.




Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.

Top Post Ad

Below Post Ad

Ads Bottom